My community, Ho Chi Minh City!

This will be the first post that I write about my country(I think) and this post is also for Challenge 4 March 2011.

If anyone want to vist my country, you will want to visit my community which is Ho Chi Minh City, or Saigon, the biggest city in Vietnam. I live in District 2 of Ho Chi Minh City but I want to show the whole beautiful city and so I can have more things to show you guys, and I’m really excited to show the world my beautiful country!

There are only 2 seasons here, dry and wet season.

Ho Chi Minh city is in the South of Vietnam and so there’s only 2 seasons here, dry and wet season.

My city is different than our Capital City, Ha Noi or the beautiful city of Hue because the city is the center of the country’s economy and it’s one of the ‘youngest’ city in Vietnam. According to the Mercer Human Resource Consulting, Economist Intelligence Unit and ECA International, Ho Chi Minh City is ranked 132 on the list of world’s most expensive cities.

I think the most beautiful place or area to visit in HCM City is District 1. There are lots of beautiful places like the famous Ben Thanh Market, Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica… In my opinion, you should know at least some simple Vietnamese like ‘hello’ which is “Xin chào” or ‘how much is it?’ which is “Bao nhiêu?” to be able to visit and go around my community. Don’t worry too much about the Vietnamese because some places here, they know English, too.

Top: Ho Chi Minh City skyline; Ho Chi Minh City Hall Center: Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica; Saigon Port; Bitexco Financial Tower Bottom: Ben Thanh Market; Municipal Theatre

Top: Ho Chi Minh City skyline; Ho Chi Minh City Hall; Center: Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica; Saigon Port; Bitexco Financial Tower; Bottom: Ben Thanh Market; Municipal Theatre (Source: Wikipedia)

The best time to visit my country or community is around autumn or winter because the weather at that time is quite cool(for us maybe) and there’s no rain. And you don’t need to have any special clothing to be here and guests are always welcomed!

Yay, Vietnam!

What do you like to do if you’re in Ho Chi Minh City? Answer the question on the poll on the left sidebar! 🙂

7 thoughts on “My community, Ho Chi Minh City!

1. Hi Duy!
    Nice post! I really like that picture of all those attractions in Vietnam.
    Mary

2. My husband and I are visiting Ho Chi Minh this weekend (2/3 April 2011) and wondered whether there are any soccer games on that we might be able to attend, perhaps V League games. We will be staying near the Bin Thanh market. Thanks Karen

3. Hello Karen,
    There are some V League games this weekend but I don’t think there are any that occur in Ho Chi Minh City. I think there’s one on April 2, but I’m not really sure.
    Duy

4. Pingback: Visit these -March 2011 -Week 4 | Challenge Yourself to Blog

5. Hi Duy,
    I didn’t know there were so much interesting place to visit.
    But of course, I’m not interested in tourist attractions or those kind of thins anyways.
    Still, it’s good to know since my relatives could visit me.
    Yong Min

6. Very nice post, Thanks for this publishing. Really help me a lot.